Cheap Halloween Costume Ideas for Kids
October 19, 2017
When it comes to kids' Halloween costumes, you shouldn't have to be spooked by the cost! Here are some cute, creative costume ideas that are also incredibly affordable to make.
- Harry Potter. Some round glasses (you can even DIY your own with cardboard!), a lightning bolt "scar" and a black cape are all you need for a simple costume of everyone's favorite boy wizard.
- Lumberjack. Guys and gals will both love to dress up as a pint-sized lumberjack! All it takes is a plaid shirt, jeans, boots and a knit cap for the clothes. As far as the accessories, a miniature ax and a DIY beard will do the trick!
- Jane Goodall. The iconic animal scientist is famous for her work with chimpanzees, so the costume consists of just a khaki-colored shirt, binoculars and a stuffed monkey on the hip.
- Johnny Cash. Is there anything cuter than a tiny Man in Black? Just add a guitar and some slicked back hair he'll be good to go!
- Audrey Hepburn. A little black dress, a string of pearls, oversized sunnies and a classic chignon will transform your little lady into the beloved actress.
- A panda. If you're not a fan of sewing, simply attach some white felt panels to a black sweatsuit and add eyeballs to a black knit cap to create this adorable panda costume.
- Scuba diver. Paint two-liter plastic bottles in shades of blue or green and attach them to your child's back to begin this scuba diver costume. Then, add tight black pants and shirt and some goggles on the head to complete the look.
- Hot air balloon. Buy some colorful balloons filled with helium so they float, then attach them to a large basket worn around the hips to DIY this hot air balloon costume.
62 Utterly Adorable Homemade Halloween Costumes for Kids [Country Living]